About Me

My photo
Retired pastor. Great- grandfather. Married for 54 years to Bobbie. Ordained in 1954 in First Baptist Church,Boonville, MO. Pastor of Disciples for Christ Ministry Church, WOodland, CA.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Have you tasted and of your fruit lately???

Have you tasted any of your fruit lately?

If not, believe me those around you have

John 15:5-8

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.



 When we first started our Church in California we used the YMCA in our town, and we were like a small few flies in a big dish pan and one of my first sermons was “Branch Out and make good fruit.”

 John 15:5-8 was the text I used and over the years I have used  the same scripture from The Book of John.

I  Would say that almost anyone could preach a good message from there, why? All of us need to have this scripture brought to our remembrance, so we will take a look around us and see if anyone is picking our fruit, and if you are truthful with yourself and let the Lord tell you, you will know soon.

And you would say to me, “How?”

Look at what John 15: 5-8 says, I want to bear much fruit in you.  Then ask your self can He?

And I would let the Lord speak to you and ask about the many times you had a chance to tell them about Him, but did not.

Why?—Bad Fruit.

You see no one will pick the ugly, bad tasting rotten fruit, would you?

You see fruit trees need to be pruned one a year to cut off the bad growth. And then the new growth can grow on and make good fruit, the same with us, you grade yourself. Bad language, dirty stories, comments you make about your fellow friends, gossip, tong flapping and this can go on and on and on.  There is nothing that will turn someone off if you say you are a Christian and do these things, It leaves a dirty taste in their mouth, not leading any one to Christ, or to Church. Maybe its because they see no difference in you than those in the bars. (Bad )

But you can change this quickly, by listening to what comes out of your mouth..

Does it glorify the Lord?



By looking at those  things that stay in you when you are telling a nasty joke, Christians will walk away, those that stay are more likely not saved, (are you?)

Friend you need to take inventory of your life and  get rid of the bad branches  you  have on your fruit tree, and begin letting Jesus grow in you and then before you use bad language or wag your tongue or tell a dirty story, stop and ask yourself, would Jesus do what I am doing?



God Bless Pastor John Irvin.








No comments:

Post a Comment